WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|We are seeking a full-time (1.0 FTE) Educational Assistant, effective immediately to June 2024. Candidates will be capable of working collaboratively with teachers, students, parents, and fellow EAs. The successful applicant will bring creativity and enthusiasm to the job and be willing to work in a variety of settings, and with a variety of students with varying special needs.
- Have completed Grade 12 or equivalent
- Have current Educational Assistant certification
- Be eligible for a current British Columbia criminal record check
- Have evidence that the personality and character are suitable to work with students who have exceptionalities
- Be willing to work in a team environment
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Work under the supervision of a certified teacher with students Kindergarten to Grade 8
- Support students to maximize participation and learning in an inclusive environment
- Assist teachers in designing and implementing individualized or group behavioural and learning support
- Assist in the collection of data, including observations and recording of academic and behavioural performance
- Interact with students in a professional and effective manner
- Participate in IEP/School-Based Team meetings as required
|Assumption Catholic School is located in Powell River, BC. Our tight knit faith based school community enrolls approximately 120 students from Kindergarten to Grade 9 taught by our vibrant staff. Powell River is a beautiful community of approximately 14,000 residents located in the Traditional Territories of the Tla’amin First Nation. Surrounded by the ocean, forests, and plentiful lakes, Powell River residents partake in a wide variety of cultural, sporting, and recreational events in the stunning landscape. Our community is an attractive option for young families who love the outdoors, the support a small community can bring, and being surrounded by a nature’s peaceful presence.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.