WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Driver’s licence and vehicle required.|
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of BC (CRNBC) Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Completion of specialty nursing certificate/certified practice (CRNBC)
- 2 years recent, related public health nursing experience
- The successful applicant will be in good physical health.
- This position requires union membership and is open to male, female and non-binary applicants
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in community health nursing theory and practice within a client and family centered model of care.
Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to assess safety and risk prior to entering familiar and unfamiliar home environments and to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to manage any/all issues related to the public health environment internally and externally. To employ effective conflict resolution and reconciliation approaches, techniques, and strategies related to public health in community.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize clients and promote cooperation, assertiveness, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of policies or other protocols and ongoing professional development of self.
- demonstrated ability to document timely and appropriate information in Mustimuxw - an electronic medical record (EMR) reporting system at Tla’amin Health, including assessments, decisions about client status, plans, interventions and client outcomes. Ability to effectively use related computer software, applications, and devices.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position Knowledge of Indigenous health and wellness challenges and issues.
- Advocates for, and uses culturally relevant and appropriate approaches, when building relationships and providing nursing services.
Comprehensive knowledge of public health nursing theory and procedures Knowledge of community development and health promotion principles and practises.
- Knowledge of informed nursing practice related to normal growth and development.
- Knowledge of Indigenous health and wellness challenges and issues.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with a vast network of clientele, coworkers and other professional health care staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
|- The successful applicant will be required to work in accordance with the BCGEU Collective Agreement as well as the policies and benefits therein, in addition to all relevant Tla’amin Health policies and procedures.|
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.