WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Related diploma or degree preferred or minimum Grade 12, plus two (2) years of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. |
- Passion for ending homelessness and caring for complex people in lieu of formal experience will be considered
- Lived experience with Substance Use Disorders is welcome. Preference is given to those in long term, abstinence-based recovery, because we work closely with clients using a harm reduction approach to substance use
- Crisis Intervention Skills Training
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Naloxone Training will be refreshed/provided as needed
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Prepare intake and discharge of guests to and from the overnight shelter|
- Support clients with safety and goal planning, crisis prevention and response and substance use harm reduction as needed
- Support clients with laundry, orientation, immediate needs
- Build and maintain a network of positive working relationships with other team members and the people we serve
- Complete necessary documentation, filling, record keeping and communicate the information recorded to other team members.
- Communicate shelter expectations and rules to clients and visitors
- Establish and maintain site boundaries
- Support overdose and medical emergency response
|Job Type: Full-Time, until March 31, 2023, with possibility of extension|
Questions? Contact Julie at email@example.com
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.