WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Driver’s licence and vehicle required.|
- Experience in Arts administration and the not-for-profit sector
- Post secondary degree or equivalent education
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Have experience in of school administration or managing complex and diverse programs and people within an educational setting.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, team-building, and managerial skills.
- Demonstrate visionary and entrepreneurial skills.
- Possess high energy level, integrity, and leadership charisma.
- Be able to pass a police record check.
- Be eager to be involved in various community activities.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook and willing to learn all administrative systems and office technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Collaborate with Artistic Director, Administrator and Board of Directors to plan and sustainably implement the vision of the organization.|
- Work with the Music Director to organize events such as rehearsals, concerts, tours, recordings, etc.
- Season planning and implementation with Music Director, Academy volunteers and office staff.
- Maintenance of Society and funding sources including annual reporting.
- Seek out new avenues for organizational or project funding (grants/donations).
- Overseeing recruitment and coordination of volunteers.
- Ongoing information gathering and review of financials with Administrator and Board Treasurer.
- Attend board meetings and present an operational report.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as discussed with Administrator and Board of Directors.
|Applications will be reviewed as received and applying early is encouraged. Interviews will take place following the deadline and start date will be discussed during the interview. Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document to the Board of Directors by email|
The position will involve a flexible part-time commitment averaging approximately 28 hours/week, with additional hours as required.
While we appreciate the time and effort put into all applications only some applicants will be contacted for interview. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation. We are only able to consider applicants who are currently legally permitted to work in Canada.
We wish to thank all applicants; only those under consideration will be contacted.
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.