WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- All employees must be fully vaccinated|
Education and Experience
- High school graduation preferred
- Current CPR certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Training and/or experience in environmental services, janitorial or custodial services required
- Minimum one-year institutional custodial experience strongly preferred
- Current Level 1 Food Safe certificate is an asset
- WHMIS Certificate required
Knowledge and Abilities
- Have the ability, tact, courtesy and patience to establish and maintain good interpersonal relations with tenants, staff, visitors and volunteers
- Consistently act in a respectful manner, maintaining the spirit, dignity and individuality of tenants and their families
- Have the ability to accept tenantís choices, including religious or spiritual beliefs, ethnic and cultural values and traditions, and advanced health directives
- May be required to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Have the ability to handle confidential/sensitive material with discretion.
- Have the ability to multi-task and handle pressure.
- Be in good health, free from any communicable diseases, and physically and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties in the working environment
- Be physically capable of carrying out significant amounts of lifting, bending, stooping and stretching; be able to operate related equipment
- Be able to work in a team or independently, be able to work with a minimum of supervision, and be able to take initiative and to exercise mature judgment
- Be able to speak, read, and write English, and to follow written instructions
- Experience in and comfort with interacting with various cultures
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Ensures that tenants enjoy a safe and hygienic environment|
- Sweeps, mops, washes, waxes and polishes floor in common areas
- Vacuums carpet, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture in common areas
- Dusts furniture, picks up debris and empties trash containers
- Cleans, disinfects and polishes kitchens and bathrooms in common areas
- Performs other janitorial and custodial functions as assigned
- Ensures that all walkways and grounds are safe for tenants
- Completes preventative maintenance programs and inspections as directed
- Performs other related duties as required
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.