WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- High school graduation preferred|
- Minimum of one year of related experience preferred, ideally including serving experience. Some completed cooking courses an asset.
- Level 1 Food Safe certificate required.
- WHMIS, CPR and First Aid certificates required.
- Hepatitis A Immunization
- A clear criminal records check on file; and must maintain a clear criminal record during the term of their employment. From time to time, the employer may request an updated criminal records check be submitted.
- A medical certificate indicating fitness to perform the functions of the position is required.
- Evidence that immunizations are up to date, including TB test and/or xray and influenza.
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Prepare food as directed by the Executive Chef, completing task list for that day|
- Be well presented at all times wearing clean uniform and apron
- Assist plating of meals and snacks
- Wash tableware efficiently and effectively during meal service
- Wash kitchen pots/utensils and ensure their proper storage
- Wash and store any other flatware as required
- Deliver meal service for tenants of the Kiwanis Village
- Ensure that all recycling is taken to the recycling area at the end of the day
- Ensure all garbage is taken out at the end of the day
- Ensure the kitchen floor and all work surfaces are thoroughly cleaned before leaving.
- Assist in ensuring a high level of health and safety, cleanliness and food hygiene and to ensure that safe working practices are followed. To report any problems to the Chef or designate
- Assist in stock taking and storage of stock, including checking deliveries
- Assist in the serving of meals to tenants when needed
- Participate in staff meeting and staff training where applicable
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.