WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Completion of Grade 12.|
- A valid Responsible Adult Certificate
- Prior job-related experience working in a leadership role with children preferably in recreation Ability to safely and effectively supervise children and youth Current First Aid and CPR.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of recreation programs, summer day camps, and guiding children's behaviour are essential.
- A valid Class 4 driver's license with a safe driving record.
- Assets, but not required: National Lifeguard, Water Safety Instructor, and training in nature interpretation and education, and outdoor skill development.
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Use excellent communication, interpersonal, and public relations skills to communicate with staff and public parents of campers.|
- Understand and carry out instructions as you assist other childcare staff in performing duties.
- Be very familiar with safety regulations and exercise good judgement in the field.
- Organize groups and instruct, encourage, and inspire campers.
- Work with Summer Camp Coordinator to lead various activities.
- Assist with a range of administrative duties.
- Ensure campers learn in a safe, fun, and stimulating environment.
- Accompany children in the water when swimming.
- Set a good example for campers and staff.
- Lead and support campers as they participate in age-appropriate activities.
- Ensure compliance with camp rules and prevent accidents.
- Assist with conflict resolution.
- Clean, maintain, and ensure proper use of camp facilities and equipment.
- Report and record details of any incidents, such as accidents or rule violations, to parents and camp staff as per VCH Licensing requirements.
- Memorize all emergency procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.