WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Minimum 2 years of customer service|
- Preference given to candidates with a background in education, tourism, museum studies, history, or a similar field.
- Experience working or volunteering in a not-for-profit environment is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and administrative skills and a high degree of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
- Intermediate to advanced level of computer proficiency
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some spoken knowledge of French or other language would be an asset
- Appreciation for history, and an understanding of how it intersects with and informs present-day lived experiences
- Clear Criminal Background and Vulnerable Sector Checks
- Valid First Aid Certification is considered an asset
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Responsible for museum reception, greeting the public, special guests, members and groups in a cheerful, receptive manner at all times|
- Orients visitors to the museum and answers visitor inquiries
- Monitors exhibits during public hours
- Records visitor statistics and other relevant data
- Maintains and updates membership records
- Assists with the completion of research requests, as well as facilitating public research
- Assists in the running of the museum gift shop, processing transactions, arranges and displays merchandise, and inventories stock
- Assists the Program & Education Manager during programs and special events, including ticket sales
- Works alongside staff on other museum projects as requested
- Minor cleaning and maintenance duties - dusting, sweeping, sanitizing and supply restocking as required
- Administrative duties
|Job Type: Contract, Part-Time (5 hrs./day, 4 days/wk.) 20 week contract from start date. |
Regular work week: Wednesday to Saturday, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm (the successful candidate must be able to work weekends and some evenings)
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.