WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Minimum, grade 10 education.|
- Serve it right and Cooks papers and/or recent related cooks experience working in a health care environment is preferable
- Food Safe certificate
- Demonstrated Customer Service experience
- English proficiency, verbal and written
- Experience in preparing meals in a high production environment
- Current vaccinations
- Have the ability to meet the physical requirements of the position
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Ensure that assigned items are prepared according to Sodexo menu standards and following established recipes|
- Ensures that sanitation meets or exceeds standards (Client, Health Department and Sodexo.) Ensures proper food handling and storage techniques are followed
- Monitors fridges and freezers daily to ensure adequate supplies are on hand, food is properly stored and leftovers are utilized.
- Prepares food for Client and Resident services
- Maintains high staff morale at all times by setting a positive example
- Conducts weekly inventory and prepares, places food orders as per Sodexo policies
- Receives and puts away supplies
- Performs role safely by:
- Learning the safe way to perform the job
- Performing each task in a safe manner using equipment provided, following instructions and established procedures
- Reporting all injuries and hazardous conditions to management immediately
- Supporting the Safety Program in the unit
- Other tasks, duties and assignments as directed by the supervisor or manager.
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.