WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Ideal candidates have taken courses in relevant disciplines (i.e. History, Museum Studies, Indigenous Studies Anthropology, Archaeology, Tourism, and/or Education)|
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with research and museum collections considered an asset
- A keen interest in local history
- Comfortable using computers
- Clear Criminal Background and Vulnerable Sector Checks
- Some spoken knowledge of French or other language would be an asset
- Valid First Aid Certification is considered an asset
To be eligible, youth are required to meet the eligibility criteria set forth by the grant program (Canada Summer Jobs - CSJ)
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Orient visitors to the Museum and Archives|
- Assist with opening and closing of the Museum
- Track researcher and visitor data
- Assist with research requests
- Curate social media content relating to the Museum’s collections
- Research and generate website content regarding the museum’s collection and community history
- Scan archival material identified as priority by staff
- Assist with collection inventories and collection care
- Interview and record oral histories
- Develop a virtual exhibit
- Light cleaning and sanitizing duties
|The qathet Museum and Archives is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply with a cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com. Include “Attn: Executive Director – Research Support Officer” in the subject of your email. Applications must be received by Tuesday May 24th, 2022.|
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment term: June 7, 2022 – August 6th, 2022; 30 hours per week, Tuesday to Saturday from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm.
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.