WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Develop and maintain a secure, healthy relationship between the child/youth and yourself|
- Provide an excellent standard of care to the child/youth and to provide experiences which will stimulate a child/youth
- Provide opportunities to learn, grow and develop in an age appropriate manner and encourage in a proactive way so the child/youth can value their own health, origins, religion and culture
- Promote healthy psychological and physical educational development for the child/youth
- Recognize and prioritize the needs of the child/youth
- Proficiency with Microsoft Software
- Business Management Skills
- Expert level of Supervisory skills and experience
Duties and Responsibilities
|1. Responsible for the recruitment and selection process, orientation, performance management, motivation, evaluation, progressive discipline and training of the residential team under the guidance of the Leadership Team.|
2. Facilitates effective team communication and interpersonal relationships emphasizing co- operation and flexibility. Assists the team to recognize and utilize each member's strengths and talents to provide an effective program. Chairs or facilitates staff meetings and other team meetings effectively. Provides coaching and support to staff through mediation and conflict resolution between staff, residents and other community members. Models mutual respect and cooperation.
3. Provides leadership and guidance for staff ensuring all service provided is person centred.
4. Ensures that medications are administered for the residents in keeping with the Pharmacy Act, Licensing regulations and iPRSís policies. Participates effectively on the Program Medications Safety and Advisory Committee.
5. Assesses and prioritizes health care needs. Ensures appropriate health care. Ensure Health Care plans are developed and updated as necessary.
6. Ensures that the program operation, use of vehicles, building and grounds maintenance meet the criteria of the funding contract and inclusion Powell River policies and community standards. Ensures program outcomes and reporting requirements are met.
7. Follows relevant guidelines, including CARF standards, Collective Agreement, Fire Regulations, Work Safe BC regulations, Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Motor Vehicle Act, BC Benefits Act, inclusion Powell River policies and any other relevant legislation or regulation.
8. Maintains an up-to-date and practical knowledge of all safety and emergency procedures outlined in inclusion Powell River policies and procedures and in Worksafe BC Regulations. Practices safety and emergency procedures as outlined in inclusion Powell River policy and documents as required. Balances a focus on safety with a focus on valued community presence. Uses Risk vs Benefit process for decision making and person centered practices when making decision with regards to supports for clients in keeping with MCFD regulations.
9. Develops, documents and maintains complete and helpful procedures that direct and guide team members in safe, consistent and effective program delivery. Stays informed of best practices and incorporates those in client care.
10. Participates in developing the plans for the child/youth and to make sure these plans are carried out. To undertake specified tasks in the care plan for the child/youth.
11. Ensure that a child or young person is kept safe from harm and abuse, and that they are taught how to get help if they are worried or frightened by anyone or anything.
12. Maintains records, documentation and reporting as required by the Ministry, inclusion Powell River polices, the Operations Manual and/or as requested by the Director of Residential Services or Administration office. Ensures all required documentation is accurate, complete and timely and in keeping with iPRS standards.
13. Understands the Service Principles and MCFD Provincial Guidelines and ensures that all of these important documents form the basis for all work performed.
14. This position is required to work in a stressful environment sometimes supporting clients in escalated or crisis situations. Extremely good judgement to balance the need to take risks and promote learning, with the need to exercise caution in potentially challenging or unsafe situations and other duties can be assigned as required
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.