WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting role|
- Degree or diploma in Accounting or a related field preferred
- Working towards completion of Chartered Professional Accountant designation. Level 3 or higher preferred
- Working knowledge of accounting and related standards, corporate planning processes and budgeting preferred
- Experience with accounting systems (Sage, Quickbooks, SAP, or other major accounting/ERP systems)
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office and advances skills with MS Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively with strong organizational skills and time management
- Strong interpersonal skills with a service-oriented focus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, perform under pressure, and demonstrate a high degree of initiative, resourcefulness and flexibility
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Perform functions in the monthly accounting cycle (journal entries, reconciliations, variance analysis, etc.) in preparation of specific internal and external financial reports ensuring consistency, accuracy, timing and quality of financial information|
- Prepares and assists with the responsibility for the timely and accurate completion and filing of other financial and statistical reports for internal and external parties. Publishing and distribution of financial reports to internal and external parties
- Maintain and manage Fixed Asset ledger including monthly depreciation and ensuring integrity with Capitalization and fixed asset policies as per accounting standards. Assist in the maintaining of systems: original entry, audits, adjustments, and internal checks to ensure accuracy of general ledger accounts
- Assists in the development of the annual operating and capital budget including preparing assigned operational budgets, preparing budget worksheets, compiling information, analyzing submitted budgets and ensuring the results are in line with desired results
- Retains shared responsibility with the CFO and Controller for the management of the internal and external audit
- Identifies accounting problems, researches possible solutions and accounting policies, and makes recommendations to the CFO and/or Controller
- Assists with the maintenance and application of internal controls, makes recommendations for improvements or changes resulting from the implementation of new products, services, or processes
- Calculate, file and process income tax instalments and periodic GST remittances
- Assist with Treasury and Securitization activities of the Credit Union including completion of weekly & monthly reporting and CMHC securitization issuance activities
- Maintains a high standard and commitment to quality and continuous improvement. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of changing accounting and taxation practices, rules, and legislation. Maintains professional designation and training, as required by the applicable accounting body.
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.