WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Masterís Degree in Clinical Counselling|
- No experience necessary, however experience working children and families, as well as in a psychiatric setting providing treatment services to individuals with complex mental health, addiction and chronic medical concerns or equivalent is preferred
- Valid BC Drivers License
- Current full registration with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness
- Knowledge of Psychosocial Rehabilitation methodology
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act as it applies to the rights and obligations of clients and staff
- Knowledge of community, social and mental health resources
- Ability to identify emotional, social, or environmental barriers and intervene to eliminate stigma
- Ability to effectively manage conflict situations and aggressive behaviour and use non-violent crisis intervention and behavioural management techniques
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with clients, families, team members, other groups and community agency personnel
- Broad knowledge of mental illness and addictions treatment
- Broad knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in healthcare
- Broad knowledge of research methodology, counselling skills and clinical practice models
- Broad knowledge of family, group and change therapy
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the client
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influence group and inter-group processes, decision making and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport with clients and families
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events and deal effectively with conflict
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Basic understanding of trauma-informed care
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Counseling, assessment|
- VK Wellness Planning
|We are a growing Wellness organization in Powell River, BC. We are looking for a Clinical Counsellor to meet the very high demand for Counselling as well as individual, family, and Youth Counselling.|
You choose your hours and your schedule using our scheduling software. We have a beautiful office for you to use for in-person visits.
We are a supportive and passionate team of helpers and looking for the right match to join us. You need to be organised and diligent in your work as well as interested in growing with our team.
Our team members are free to pursue other professional work outside of your Limitless Wellness clients.
You will need to be a member in good standing with a professional regulatory body and have your own professional liability insurance.
ABOUT POWELL RIVER, BC
On the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, where endless green mountains meet sheltered Pacific Ocean waters, Powell River provides a stimulating blend of outdoor adventure and cultural amenities. Originally founded as a resource extraction centre - once home to the world's largest pulp and paper mill - Powell River now offers adventurers countless opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, golfing, boating, hiking, biking, fishing, and scuba diving. This area is host to world-class art galleries, tremendous dining opportunities, and memorable events and festivals.
On the doorstep of both Vancouver and Vancouver Island, the Powell River region offers an array of experiences for travelers of all kinds, no matter the season. Experience the legendary Sunshine Coast Trail and Powell Forest Canoe Route, rock-climb the Eldred Valley, snowshoe in the Knuckleheads; this is the adventure destination you've long been waiting for.
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.