Career Link Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- As part of the Canada Summer Jobs program, this position is meant to grow your experience and skills and further your placement opportunities after the program is finished. Qualified applicants should also:|
- Have above average computer skills (Microsoft Office a must) and regular access to email
- Be team-oriented, organized, timely, and work well under pressure
- Have some prior experience in performance, arts/music production (must be able to read sheet music)
- Possess excellent cross-cultural communication skills (multilingual is not required, but is beneficial)
- This opportunity is made available by the Canada Summer Jobs program, and is subject to grant funding (all applicants must be 30 years old and under)
Duties and Responsibilities
|- The Student Services Assistant is a unique position that offers the winning candidate an opportunity to help organize an 80+ piece student orchestra through two-weeks of rehearsals, recitals, master classes and performances|
- Working directly with the Student Services Coordinator, you’ll be tasked with helping to plan, prepare and schedule for the arrival of students, manage the student field office during the festival and act as the orchestra’s music librarian (tracking, printing and familiarizing yourself with each piece of music needing to be played)
- You’ll take on the role of Student Ambassador, getting to know an amazing group of talented young people and helping them on their professional journey and maintain a high level of care for their safety and wellbeing
- This position is collaborative: along with the Student Services Coordinator, you’ll be liaising with the Office Administrator, Volunteer Coordinator, Production Coordinator and Music Director
- You’ll be asked to attend staff meetings and report on your duties and progress
Career Link posts this position as a free service for the community. Career Link does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.