Career Link Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|Career Link is searching for a compassionate and creative individual to join us as a Case Manager/Employment Counsellor. The ideal candidate will bring a rich background in employment counselling, strong interpersonal skills, comfort with technology, and the desire to learn and grow with our team.|
- Completion of post-secondary education in a relevant field (e.g., career development, social work, counselling, coaching, human services), or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- A current and satisfactory criminal record check including a vulnerable sector check is mandatory at time of job offer
- Experience working in employment counselling and/or within the WorkBC program are assets
- Experience designing and delivering innovative individual and group client services
- Knowledge of theory, principles and practices in the employment services field
- Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP) designation an asset
- Well-developed documentation skills and attention to detail
- Competent use of Word and scheduling software
- Ability to work with computerized client records; experience with the provincial Integrated Case Management system (ICM) a strong asset
- Ability to research and connect with local employers and local labour market
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to contribute effectively to the team
- Access to a reliable vehicle for occasional local outreach activities
- Ability to remain objective and maintain boundaries
- Effective interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Effective time-management and organizational systems
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing demands
- Interest in participating in community-engagement initiatives
- High level of motivation and positive attitude
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Complete client intake and assessments|
- Engage client in realistic goal setting and action planning
- Make referrals to appropriate employment programs or community services
- Assist client with job-search and career-planning strategies individually or in workshops
- Conduct regular follow-up with each client and provide necessary support
- Enter accurate and up-to-date client records into ICM system
- As part of counselling team, initiate ideas for and evaluate effectiveness of service delivery
- Develop ongoing links with support agencies, funding bodies, and resource services
- Demonstrate a commitment to client, colleague, and agency confidentiality and professional ethics
- Understand and comply with relevant program policy and government legislation
|- 32 hours per week; Monday to Thursday, with occasional evening shifts|
- Visit prepsociety.org/work.html for the full job posting and job description, as well as information about the beautiful Powell River region.
- Before applying, please contact Brodie D’Angio regarding any questions you have about the position.
- Submit as attachments, a self-designed cover letter and resume with Case Manager in the subject line to: Brodie D’Angio, Manager, email@example.com
- Once the posting is closed, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
-We gratefully acknowledge the Tla’amin Nation on whose traditional territories PREP Society resides.
Career Link posts this position as a free service for the community. Career Link does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.