Career Link Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Driver’s licence and vehicle required.|
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Child, Youth Care, Social Work, Psychology or other studies in the Human Services Field
- Two (2) years recent related experience such as Social Work, Child/Youth Care
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience
- An ability to provide a good standard of care to other people's children
- An ability to promote healthy development including emotional, physical, sexual and educational
- An ability to recognise the needs of children/young people and to prioritise these needs
- To develop and maintain a secure, healthy relationship between the child/young person and yourself
- An ability to work well with all those people in a child or young personís network, including the childís family, social worker, other professionals and people who are significant to a child or young person
- A knowledge of child development and an ability to provide experiences which will stimulate a child/young person and provide opportunities to learn, grow and develop in an age appropriate manner
- An ability to manage the health needs of children and young people in a proactive way and encourage the child to value their own health
- An ability to encourage full participation in educational activities, and to work together with education professionals
- An ability to transport children and young people to and from school and other educational activities
- An ability to set appropriate boundaries and manage a child or young personís behaviour without the use of physical or other inappropriate punishment
- An ability to listen and communicate with children and young people in ways appropriate for their age and understanding
- A respect for the young person's origins, religion and culture and a willingness to learn more and to enable the child or young person to participate in cultural and religious activities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Software
- Business Management Skills
- High level of Supervisory skills and experience
Requirements for Ongoing Employment:
- Criminal Record Search
- A valid Work Safe BC approved First Aid Certificate
- Access to a safe, well-maintained vehicle with appropriate insurance
- Valid Class 5 BC driver's license
Duties and Responsibilities
|1. Is responsible for orientation, performance, motivation, evaluation, progressive discipline and training of the residential team under the guidance of the Chief Operating Officer. He/she will participate in the recruitment and selection process. He/she is responsible to ensure that excellent quality of service is provided to the residents through the performance of the staff team.|
2. Facilitates effective team communication and interpersonal relationships emphasizing co-operation and flexibility. Assists the team to recognize and utilize each member's strengths and talents to provide an effective program. Chairs or facilitates staff meetings and other team meetings effectively. Provides coaching and support to staff through mediation and conflict resolution between staff, residents and other community members. Models mutual respect and cooperation.
3. Provides leadership and guidance for staff in the individual program planning process and the creation of opportunities for community inclusion, personal networks and employment opportunities. Where required behaviour and safety plans are in place, health care plans are followed to ensure the well being the people being served. Ensures all service provided is person centred.
4. Ensures that medications are administered for the residents in keeping with the Pharmacy Act, Licensing regulations and Inclusion Powell Riverís policies. Participates effectively on the Program Medications Safety and Advisory Committee.
5. Assesses and prioritizes health care needs. Ensures appropriate health care. Ensure Health
Care plans are developed and updated as necessary.
6. Ensures that the program operation, use of vehicles, building and grounds maintenance meet the criteria of the funding contract and inclusion Powell River policies and community standards. Ensures program outcomes and reporting requirements are met. Follows relevant guidelines, including CARF standards, Collective Agreement, Fire Regulations, Work Safe BC regulations, Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Motor Vehicle Act, BC Benefits Act, inclusion Powell River policies and any other relevant legislation or regulation.
7. Maintains an up-to-date and practical knowledge of all safety and emergency procedures outlined in inclusion Powell River policies and procedures and in Worksafe BC Regulations. Practices safety and emergency procedures as outlined in inclusion Powell River policy and documents as required. Balances a focus on safety with a focus on valued community presence. Uses Risk vs Benefit process for decision making and person centered practices when making decision with regards to supports for clients in keeping with MCFD regulations.
8. Develops, documents and maintains complete and helpful procedures that direct and guide team members in safe, consistent and effective program delivery. Stays informed of best practices and incorporates those in client care.
9. Participates in developing the plans for the young person and to make sure these plans are carried out. To undertake specified tasks in the care plan for the child.
10. Promotes the healthy growth and development of the young person with a particular emphasis on health and education.
11. Ensure that the young person is encouraged to develop and maintain a positive understanding of their origins, religion and culture.
12. Assist and support parents and others who are significant in a child or young personís life to develop and maintain healthy relationships with them.
13. Ensure that a child or young person is kept safe from harm and abuse, and that they are taught how to get help if they are worried or frightened by anyone or anything.
14. Act as an advocate for the young person.
15. Be part of the service and work with staff and other professionals within guidelines, policies and procedures.
16. Liaises with other community service providers, professionals to coordinate services and to ensure that interests of clients is considered in decisions affecting them. Accompanies clients to meetings and appointments as required.
17. Maintains records, documentation and reporting as required by the Ministry, inclusion Powell River polices, the Operations Manual and\or as requested by the Chief Operating Officer or Administration office. Ensures all required documentation is accurate, complete and timely and in keeping with inclusion Powell River standards. Uses Sharevision proficiently to maintain the records of families served, to keep others on the team who may be involved with the family up to date, and to stay current with agency and program updates reported in Sharevision Announcements and on the program home page. Checks e-mail regularly. Adheres to inclusion Powell River technology policy and policy related to records of persons served.
18. Ensures the program is working to meet outcome targets as identified in the program performance improvement plan. Tracks and monitors data collection to ensure information is accurate, complete and up to date. Reports results and engages the team in action planning and follow through to support these outcomes.
19. In consultation with the Chief Operating Officer, develops and maintains complete and helpful program specific instructions and procedures that direct and guide team members in safe, consistent and effective program delivery. Ensures that all required records and documentation is maintained and appropriately submitted as per inclusion Powell River policies, procedures, Ministry Guidelines, WCB, etc.
20. Collaborates with the Child and Family Services teams to develop and implement an integrated model of service within the division. Provides leadership in formal and informal liaison with other professionals, therapists, agencies and facilities including Ministry staff. Promotes a family centred approach to case management. Promotes a well coordinated team approach to agency and interagency service delivery in the best interests of the child's family and the community.
21. Is familiar with, supports, promotes, and implements the strategies goals and objectives of inclusion Powell River as determined by the Strategic Planning process. Adheres to inclusion Powell river policies and procedures. Understands the Service Principles and MCFD Provincial Guidelines and ensures that all of these important documents form the basis for all work performed.
22. Strives to maintain an up-to-date knowledge in the field of child development and the community living sector. Participates actively in training opportunities and the evaluation process. Contributes to a learning organization by self reflecting on his/her practice, sharing ideas and contributing to planning and discussions about services, and seeking input and support when concerns or questions arise
23. Other duties as assigned by her supervisor.
|- This position is open to male and female applicants|
- This position is an exempt position
- inclusion Powell River is a CARF accredited non-profit community agency offering programs and services to adults and children on the Northern Sunshine Coast. We are currently seeking a Manager for a child's residence. This role will include other management responsibilities to be determined.
- - This management position includes responsibility for the day to day operations of the long term Residential Home
- The Manager works as part of a team, consisting of staff, the child, the child's family, Ministry of Children and Families, social workers and other service providers to provide long term residential care
- The Manager ensures the provision of a safe home, nourishing meals, appropriate clothing and accommodation
- The Manager provides a warm, nurturing environment using gentle teaching and positive behavioural management skills and supervision that responds to each child's individual needs and ethnic/cultural heritage
- The Manager works collaboratively with the child's family, the child's worker, and other professionals involved with the child in developing and carrying out a plan of care
- The Manager will assume other responsibilities as assigned
- If you wish to be considered for this position, please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight of the closing date. You must quote the posting number # 18-073 in the subject line. Applications can also be hand delivered to Human Resources at 4675 Marine Ave. Applications will only be accepted in the methods above. Applications submitted to any other address will not be considered.
Career Link posts this position as a free service for the community. Career Link does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.