Career Link Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Driver’s licence and vehicle required.|
Supported Child Development Worker ECE Focus #18-062 requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with specific children and their families
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive working relationships with centre operators and staff in settings where children and youth have been placed
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement activities that complement centre programming, that include peers beyond the target children, and that support the goals of identified children
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an effective professional relationship with the parents and or caregivers
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to use personal computer and appropriate software effectively to complete the positions work on time. This includes at a minimum file management, e-mail, internet use and word processing skills
- Good interpersonal behaviour and communication skills.
- Knowledgeable about the theory of child development, the principles and practices of early childhood education, early intervention, and family centred care
- Knowledgeable about the theory and practices of the community living sector
- Good organization, time and general management skills.
- Ability to participate as a member of a team
- Ability to function independently
- Knowledgeable of group process and facilitation skills
- Able to develop and implement group sessions
- Ability to involve children and youth who have developmental disabilities in community activities regardless of medical or behavioural barriers
- Proven ability to provide support and/or assist in emergencies
- Fully qualified Early Childhood Education with Special Needs certificate and licence to practice in BC and six months experience is required
- Criminal Record Check
- TB test
- A valid WCB approved First Aid Certificate + Child Safe
- Access to a safe, well-maintained vehicle with appropriate insurance
- Valid unrestricted Class 4 BC Driver's License
Duties and Responsibilities
|The SCD Worker- ECE Focus - makes a significant contribution to children and families by providing effective hands on support and assistance in licensed preschool, child care and community programs. He\she helps plan and carry out individually designed programs appropriate to each child to support his/her successful inclusion in programs and activities alongside their peers. This support involves working with all children within the setting to promote and support inclusion and successful experiences for all involved. The SCD Worker may also, where appropriate, develop and support peer group activities that can promote and support the individual goals of the children involved. The SCD Worker uses and promotes a family centred approach and assists parents\caregivers in helpful strategies to understand and meet the needs of their child and their family. He/she also works with centre operators and staff within the program setting to support the goals of each child/youth on caseload. The SCD Worker is a dedicated and knowledgeable member of a comprehensive organization wide support team. As such, when deemed qualified with appropriate skills and abilities, he/she may provide services to individuals in related programs including youth programs, when required. The SCD Worker is familiar with and participates in ensuring that the strategic goals of the agency are met.|
|- This position requires union membership|
- This position is open to male and female applicants
If you wish to be considered for this position, please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight of the closing date. You must quote the posting number #18-061 in the subject line. Applications can also be hand delivered to Human Resources at 4675 Marine Ave. Applications will only be accepted in the methods above. Applications submitted to any other address will not be considered.
Career Link posts this position as a free service for the community. Career Link does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.