Career Link Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Must have attended school with a full-time course load in the past academic year|
- Must intend to attend a post-secondary institution for the coming academic year
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with community members, patrons, and clients from diverse social, educational, cultural, economic backgrounds
- Experience working as a team member while also able to work independently
- Ability to contribute to the development and implementation of programs and initiatives
- Proven ability to work in environments that can be demanding and requiring problem solving or conflict resolution approaches
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing demands
- Ability to perform duties requiring a moderate level of physical fitness
- Proficient computer and digital skills
- Demonstrated ability in report writing, gathering and compiling information
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Post-secondary training or education in social services, social work, health, mental health, agriculture, horticulture, or related field preferred
- Knowledge of gardening, growing food and experience with community gardening an asset
- Personal transportation and valid driverís license are an asset
*Criminal Record Check will be required before commencing the position
- Some evening or weekend work may be required. Much of this job will take place outdoors in the garden, and could also include running errands in the community, or participating in CRC-related events at other locations
- This position involves working with some challenging clients; training will be provided and
adherence to health and safety standards and procedures will be essential.
- Aspects of this job will be physically demanding, as includes physical labor related to garden maintenance and growing food. The job includes lifting heavy objects, standing for long periods of time, and the use of various garden tools
Duties and Responsibilities
|Demonstration Garden Coordination|
This student will have a special focus to organize and maintain the Demonstration garden, which could include:
- Putting on workshops for the whole community
- Coordinating programs and learning opportunities with Inclusion Powell River and Family Place clients. Two years ago the garden was expanded
- Coordinating and leading work parties and general garden maintenance
- Plan and implement special programs as directed
- Assists in the daily operational routines of the Centre including any duties related to the drop in,Demonstration Garden such as (but not limited to): set up and clean up, some janitorial duties, garden maintenance, open and close facility, etc.
- Oversees the bulletin, information, and message boards to make sure information is up to date, accurate, orderly, and appropriate
- Purchases and picks up supplies and groceries as directed.
Program and Service Delivery Support:
- Welcomes visitors and connects with patrons in a warm and friendly manner and assists and
engages patrons in activities
- Assists in supervising, scheduling, coordinating, training, and supporting Centre volunteers
- Refers patrons to manager or centre staff as necessary or to other authorized services as
- Assists with program planning, implementation, and promotion as requested
- Supports reception work and helps maintain accurate records as required
- Attends staff meetings and other meetings as required
- Reports to manager or assistant manager any concerns regarding the safety of patrons, staff or facility.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all aspects of the program including patron, staff, and Centre information
- Follows safety and risk management policies and procedures, and participates in activities and training related to risk management
- Performs other related duties as required
- Participates in staff development opportunities as offered
|- Apply online at https://secure.collage.co/jobs/prep/6344|
- This is a Full-time, temporary position (This position is for 8 weeks or 240 hours) 30 hours/5 days per week
- Under the direction of the CRC Manager or designated staff, this temporary position is responsible for assisting with the range of duties necessary for the operation of the Community Resource Centre and its various programs, with a special focus to organize and maintain the Demonstration garden. As a demonstration garden. Founded in 2007, the Powell River Community Resource Centre helps reduce poverty and build a sense of belonging for Powell River citizens. The Community Resource Centre (CRC) offers a daily drop-in environment for marginalized members of our community, including people who are homeless, at risk of homeless, low income, seniors and people with health (including mental health) challenges.
- A full job description is available at
- Before applying, please contact Martyn Woolley regarding any questions you have about the position: email@example.com
- Once the posting is closed, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Career Link posts this position as a free service for the community. Career Link does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.