Career Link Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Driver’s licence and vehicle required.|
- Tourism Powell River is seeking a keen and motivated youth to head up our Townsite Heritage project this summer, coordinating, interviewing and editing video for augmentation of our hugely popular Townsite Heritage self-guided walking tour.
- They will also conduct tours to the public to learn the ins and outs of the self guided tour and organize and host a "ghost" tour weekly.
- This is an indoor/outdoor job in the summer months so a love of the outdoors is essential. Good people skills are required as you are dealing with the public and eliciting emotive interviews. History buffs and journalists are a good fit along with amateur filmmakers.
- Job hours are 37.5 hours per week for 14 weeks commencing May 21 and ending August 24th with a launch party of your video series.
- This is a summer project you can pad your portfolio with while learning project management, archival history, interviewing skills, audio/video skills and audio/video editing. You'll also come away with training as a visitor information counsellor and work in a great youth-oriented team environment.
- Mini-golf skills are advisable - there will be a tournament at the end of summer!
- This position is funded under Heritage Canada's Young Canada Works program. To be eligible candidates must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada; must be legally entitled to work in Canada; be between the agers of 16 and 30 years of age; have been a full-time student during the preceding academic semester; intends to return to school next semester; has not participated in a Young Canada Works program for the psst 2 or more years.
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Skills to be gained (marketable skills) include archival experience, interviewing skills, video and audio recording skills, social media skills, tour conducting skills and visitor information counsellor skills. in addition to receiving certification as a Visitor Information Counsellor with Destination BC, the participant will gain skills in customer service, video editing platforms, social media and website content and more…|
|Applications are open now and will close on May 1, 2018. Please email your resume to email@example.com with a cover letter detailing why you're the best fit for this job! Only those who are being considered for the position will be contacted. Find our more about the Powell River area by visiting our website at www.powellriver.info|
Job commences May 21, 2018 and ends August 24th. There is no ability to accommodate absences of a week or more so please only apply if you will be available for the entire length of the dates mentioned. Wages is $13,50 oer hour and 37.5 hours per week.
Tourism Powell River is an equal opportunity employer. Indigenous youth, the developmentally disabled, new immigrants and LGBTQ are all encouraged to apply. Students studying history, filmmaking and hospitality are a good fit for this position as are those studying Tourism and Recreation.
Career Link posts this position as a free service for the community. Career Link does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.