WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Must be available for both last minute and scheduled shifts|
- Shifts can range from 4-12 hours including weekends, awake overnights, and holidays
- Clear Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector
- Reliable transportation to work for all hours with possibility of a 3 am start time in mind
- Minimum Grade 12 / GED
- Current First Aid and CPR+AED
- Minimum of two years sobriety if you have had concerns related to substance use
- Physically and mentally capable of performing job duties
- Effective oral and written communication and documentation
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Provides support, advocacy and empowerment to at-risk adults in a support housing program|
- Operate under low barrier Housing First principles and embracing a harm reduction philosophy
- Develop and facilitate programs for residents
- Develop and maintain client based case plans (housing, health, treatment and finances)
- Working with outside agencies and community resources, including RCMP
- Maintains the security of the building
- Janitorial and maintenance duties (sweeping, mopping, painting)
|- The Support Worker reports to the Supportive Housing and Homeless Outreach Manager and works in accordance with the mission and philosophy of Lift Commuity Services including following Lift’s policies and Code of Ethics. The candidate, above all else, must fundamentally value genuine inclusivity and believe that we, as a community, are ethicially accountable for the health and wellness of all who live here.|
- Lift Community Services serves a diverse group of people and we need a staff that reflects that diversity. Applicants who self-identify as being part of the groups which are underrepresented or have additional barriers to the labour market are encouraged to apply.
- Lift Community Services in partnership with LifeCycle Housing is seeking Support Workers for a new Supportive Housing program in Powell River. There are various positions available, and hours of work will primarily be shifts that can range from 4 to 12 hours, including weekends, awake overnights and holidays. The Supportive Housing consists of 44 self-contained units with supports provided on-site, for people who are transitioning out of homelessness. The primary purpose of the housing is to help people age 19 and over, who live in the qathet region and are homeless, achieve and maintain housing stability.
- Questions? Contact Amanda Cochrane at email@example.com
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.