WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Early Childhood Education certificate and licence to practice in BC and six months experience is required.|
- Infant Toddler or Special Needs Post Basic Certificate in Early Childhood Education is an asset.
- Additional training or education that relate to specific disabling conditions such as autism and FASD is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
|- The Early Childhood Educator Support Worker makes a significant contribution to children and families by providing effective hands on support and assistance in licensed preschool, child care and community programs. |
- He/she helps plan and carry out individually designed programs appropriate to each child to support his/her successful inclusion in programs and activities alongside their peers.
- This support involves working with all children within the setting to promote and support inclusion and successful experiences for all involved.
- He/she may also, where appropriate, develop and support peer group activities that can promote and support the individual goals of the children involved.
- She/he uses and promotes a family centred approach and assists parents caregivers in helpful strategies to understand and meet the needs of their child and their family.
- He/she also works with centre operators and staff within the program setting to support the goals of each child/youth on caseload.
- He/she is a dedicated and knowledgeable member of a comprehensive organization wide support team. As such, when deemed qualified with appropriate skills and abilities, he/she may provide services to individuals in related programs including youth programs, when required.
- He/she is familiar with and participates in ensuring that the strategic goals of the agency are met.
|- This position is expected to relate effectively to all children involved in centre activities as well as the staff and operators in these centres and the specific children on caseload. |
- The position requires the ability to manage a full portfolio of clients with different functioning abilities and to adapt to and successfully carry out programming in a range of different centres and programs with different philosophies and ways of operating. Good physical fitness is required.
- Staff will be expected to engage in a wide range of recreational activities, as well as, activities of daily living which include: walking, running, jumping, swimming, standing, bending, kneeling, crouching and lifting children.
- A flexible schedule is required to provide effective support to children and families.
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.