WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
- Ability to interact effectively and develop positive relationships with program participants • Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to use personal computers and appropriate software effectively to complete the positions work on time. This includes at a minimum: data entry using lists and tools on Sharevision, file management, e-mail, internet search, and word processing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal behaviour and communication skills.
- Knowledge of theory, principles and practices of the community living sector.
- Proven ability to provide and/or assist in emergencies.
- Strong knowledge of community agencies, systems and services.
- Good organization, time and general management skills.
- Excellent teaching skills.
- Ability to participate as a member of a community-based program team.
- Willingness to try new activities in public places.
- Comfortable and confident providing support in the community.
- Empathy; understanding of human development and behaviour.
- Preference is given to candidates with a Certificate in Health Care, Residential Care or Community Support Worker Certificate.
- At least one year of experience supporting seniors (adult education, recreation, therapy) An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ONGOING EMPLOYMENT
- A valid WCB Level I approved First Aid Certificate (willing to train)
- A valid unrestricted Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- Criminal Record Search renewed every 5 years
- TB test
- Access to a safe, well-maintained vehicle with appropriate insurance is required
- WHMIS Training
Duties and Responsibilities
|The Support Worker aids seniors living in their family home or a care facility. Service focuses on the development of skills that will assist them in achieving greater independence in their lives and/or on the development of personal networks through active participation in the community. Service includes housekeeping duties and providing transportation as required. The Support Worker provides opportunities that increase community independence and involvement. They promote the development of unpaid relationships that will augment family and staff involvement. The Support Worker establishes and maintains a warm and personal relationship with each person served and encourages the active involvement of family members, friends and neighbours in each person's life. The Support Worker is a dedicated and knowledgeable member of a comprehensive organization-wide support team. As such, when deemed qualified with appropriate skills and abilities, they may provide services to individuals in related programs, when required.|
|HOW TO APPLY|
If you wish to be considered for this position, please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on October 10, 2019. You must quote the posting number in the subject line. Applications can also be hand-delivered to Human Resources at 4675 Marine Ave. Applications will only be accepted in the methods above. Applications submitted to any other address will not be considered.
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.