WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|Please enquire at the WorkBC Powell River office for eligibility requirements for this position. Eligible clients are individuals: |
- Who have an active EI claim, or
- Who have had an EI claim within the past 5 years, or
- Who were paid maternity or parental benefits within the past five years, or
- Who have earned at least $2000 and paid EI premiums on those earnings in at least 5 of the past 10 years (between 2009 and 2018), AND
- Are unemployed, or underemployed
Education, Training and Experience:
- Completion of grade 12 and a basic understanding of administrative functions and computers.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to type 70 words per minute.
- Ability to operate a PC and related application software programs efficiently.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize work and carry out the duties of the position with independence.
- High level knowledge of Microsoft Software as well as a general understanding of social media such as Snapchat, Messenger, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and various E-commerce applications.
- Superior oral, interpersonal and written communication skills.
Additional Information and Requirements:
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Search
- Use of a safe, well-maintained personal vehicle is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Administration Assistant provides a wide range of adminstrative support to the organization. The Adminstration Assistant manages multiple priorities flexibly and efficiently and thereby contributes to the smooth functioning of the organiazation. He/She is responsible for the updating and, in support of the Manager and Directors, the implementation of the organizationís technology plan. He/she is familiar with and participates in ensuring that the strategic goals of the agency are met, particularly in the areas specifically related to web based technologies.
- Provides direct support to the Manager and Board of Directors in the development of upgraded computer technologies in line with current social media.
- Will review existing computer technologies, what it is used for and identify/correct gaps in usage that, when implemented, will improve overall operational efficiency of the organization.
- Will determine types of social media that are being used in the community and what they would like to use in communicating with the organiation including the use of e-commerce.
- Ensures that IT systems will operate smoothly once upgrades have been completed.
- Develops reference material, instruction manuals and provides training, as required, to support all users of the technology.
- Upon completion of the technologies upgrade project will provide a report for the organization on activities carried out and recommondations for future upgrades as technology advances.
- Takes initiative, works with minimal supervision and prioritizes work effectively.
- Maintains positive working relationships with the Manager, other staff, the Board of Directors, and members of the organization.
- Performs other related duties as required.
|- EI clients will be topped up to the maximum of $562 per week|
- This is a 35-hour per week position for a maximum of 26 weeks. One day off every two weeks is given to provide individual time to continue their job search. As a Job Creation Partnership, the position receives a maximum of $562 per week, or a top-up to that amount if currently receiving Employment Insurance.
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.