WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Proven experience as cook|
Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment|
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
|Our 31-bedroomed hotel and high-volume waterfront pub and restaurant is looking to hire Line Cooks/Prep Cooks to join our 2019 team.|
Located on the Sunshine Coast in the quaint setting of Lund, we are situated right on the water and are the gateway to Desolation Sound. A truly remarkable setting and opportunity to enjoy the region awaits.
Wage is based on experience and proven skills on line. Looking for individuals who thrive under pressure in a fast paced, but fun kitchen. Accommodation is available to suitable candidates. Come enjoy Lund and the Sunshine Coast!
We strive to be a leader when it comes to our guests experience and the quality of our offerings.
What you offer us:
- Setting up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Preparing ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cooking food in various utensils or grillers
We thank you for applying to be part of our team. Only applicants considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
|- Live-in position is available if rerquired|
-Excellent work environment with a steady flow of return guests who appreciate our attention to detail and offerings.
-An opportunity to build on product knowledge and keep up with industry trends.
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.