WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Minimum 2 years Supervisory experience within a Front Office operation equal in size and services to that of a 75 room hotel.|
- Post Secondary education, preferably in Hospitality management and a commitment to continued education and development considered an asset.
- Above average communication skills (both written and verbal), with the ability to motivate and lead employees in a busy, high quality environment.
- Potential candidates will possess a thorough knowledge of Microsoft based software and have previous experience with hotel based systems. The ability to develop training guidelines applicable to Property Management Systems is a definite asset.
- Any experience in social media and online booking agents a huge asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
|Responsibilities include but are not limited to:|
- Prepare annual budgets for departments within the Front Office, both operating and room sales
- Ensure online room sales and web-based platforms are utilised to maximise sales
- Run the social media platforms as agreed in the sales and marketing plan.
- Meet or exceed the annual Rooms Revenue Budget and maximize the rooms division profit plan goals by properly utilizing Yield Management tools and by managing expenses, labour and other material resources.
- Effective scheduling, vacation planning and department productivity results to budget.
- Directly influence the future effectiveness of the Hotel through your leadership role in the recruitment, hiring, training and motivation of all employees within the Front Office.
- Develop departmental policies and procedures by which the highest possible degree of guest service is achieved.
- Coach, develop manage the performance of the Front Office leadership/supervisory team.
- Ensure that all front of house employees are well trained, maintain professional standards of appearance and serve their guests in a prompt, professional, friendly manner.
- Effective and timely interaction with all departments, key relationship with Housekeeping, Maintenance and the Restaurant. Attend meetings as required.
- Effectively handle, investigate and resolve guest concerns in a professional manner to the standard set by the GM. Some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy while resolving conflict.
- Effective and timely interaction with Payroll Supervisor regarding payroll (i.e. set up new hires, etc).
- Ensure that a safe work environment are maintained at all times and that colleagues are committed to working safely.
- other duties as assigned
|An outstanding benefits package combined with attractive compensation awaits the right candidate. Live in available if required. Bonus offered for exceeding targets in room sales and guest experience.|
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.