WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- The preferred candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications:|
- You are reliable, pay attention to detail, and enjoy working with people.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally to diverse listeners, including government personnel, board members, the general public and, particularly, with tenants.
- Proven ability to research and prepare clear and comprehensive written reports and letters.
- bility to interpret policies and contract documents and ensure compliance.
- Ability to prioritize work for yourself and others.
- Ability to organize and maintain thorough and accurate records and files.
- Proven supervisory skills and the ability to direct building maintenance contractors and sub-trades.
- Knowledge of and experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
- Valid BC Driverís License and reliable access to a vehicle in good working order.
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE AN ASSET:
- Experience working in a property management environment, particularly in a social housing setting.
- Understanding of the principles and practices of residential property management services, in particular, relating to affordable housing delivery.
- Ability to analyze financial reports to identify budget overages or surpluses and recommend corrective measures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with tenants to promote successful tenancies.Respond to complaints and inquiries and refer for resolution as required. Monitor compliance with tenancy agreements and housing policies and procedures.
- Receive tenancy applications; maintain current wait-lists; collect and track rental payments and security deposits; resolve rental non-payment issues.
- Process rent and tenancy changes or terminations. Ensure timely turn-over of vacant units.
- Conduct income verifications and complete tenant rent review mandated by BC Housing.
- Direct the work of the Facilities Maintenance Caretaker and oversee other contractors in the absence of the Caretaker.
- Provide administrative support to the Facilities Maintenance Caretaker regarding record keeping, work orders, etc.
- Accompany the Facilities Maintenance Caretaker on annual maintenance/safety inspections and prepare inspection reports.
- Assist in development of strategic goals and/or ensure strategic goals are met.
- Assist with preparing the annual work plan and budgets and ensure the facilities are operated within the prescribed budget and schedule.
- Under the direction of the Board, prepare and solicit bids for maintenance contractors and construction projects and participate in the selection of contractors.
- Keep accurate records, files, and statistical information in line with BC Housing guidelines; and as required under the BC Society Act or by LCH Society practice or policies.
- Prepare annual reports to the board on rent charges.
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of funding contracts and agreements and with LCHS policies and procedures.
- Prepare or process correspondence, reports, meeting materials and meeting follow up; maintain confidential filing and tracking systems.
- Liaise with the provincial housing ministry and all other agencies related to non-profitsí management.
- Keep up to date on current trends in property management, social housing, residential tenancy legislation and other relevant fields. Prepare written reports advising the Board on matters pertinent to the Societyís operations.
- Manage and maintain the LCH office according to a schedule determined by the Board. Handle associated visitors, phone calls, correspondence, public inquiries, etc.
- Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board. Coordinate receipt, approval and payment of invoices with the Facility Maintenance Caretaker and the Bookkeeper.
|TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:|
- 3-4 days per week, with some flexibility in scheduling.
- One evening meeting per month.
- Competitive wages and benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Application Deadline: 4 pm on Friday, June 14, 2019
- Please email them in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will monitor this email regularly for the duration of the posting.
Life Cycle Housing, a society providing 51 social housing units in the City of Powell River and surrounding region, is recruiting a Housing Administrator to oversee its operations. Located on the upper Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, within the traditional territory of the Tla'amin First Nation, Powell River offers a mix of urban and rural living in a naturally beautiful setting. Powell River is a great place to live, work and play. Out of town applicants can contact Tourism Powell River for more information.
The position is accountable to the Board of Directors, plans day-to-day operations and supervises the Facilities Maintenance Caretaker and also involves liaising with tenants, supervising contractors, ensuring occupancy, security, maintenance and cleanliness of the facilities, working with the bookkeeper and providing administrative support to the board.
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.