WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Able to perform extensive foot patrols in all weather conditions and move boats|
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to problem solve and work independently as well as in a team
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
- Possess exceptional customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Marine industry experience is an asset
- Restricted Radio Operators Certificate (Maritime) is an asset
- First Aid is an asset
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Performs multiple daily foot patrols of all docks and upland facilities to ensure that facilities are safe and functional|
- Perform daily boat counts
- Provide customer service to Harbour users and members of the public
- Assist Harbour Management staff in projects and day-to-day tasks, as required
- Collects fees for use of the public boat ramp, moorage, and all other services provided by LHA
- Checking and cleaning bathrooms, showers, on a daily basis
- Cleaning and maintaining litter-free facilities
- Assisting in maintenance projects - painting, small building projects, landscaping, ect.
- Ensures all harbour users comply with all Harbour Authority rules and regulations, and enforces rules and regulations when necessary
- Enforces harbour policies in a professional manner
- Other tasts and duties as required
|Lund Harbour Authority (LHA) is a federal not-for-profit corporation that manages the Small Craft Harbour in Lund, BC. LHA is made up of staff and a volunteer Board of Directors who work collaboratively to manage the facilities in accordance with the Small Craft Harbours, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, mandate to ensure core fishing harbours are kept open and in good repair.|
We currently are accepting applications to fill two full-time seasonal positions as Harbour Assistant. Successful applicants should be reliable, professional, motivated, positive, and enjoy working outdoors in all weather.
Employment duration - early June to September 2nd
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.