WorkBC Powell River Job Posting
Thanks for visiting and checking out our exclusive job postings.
How To Apply
|- Working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on fire safety, building codes, security, and protection of privacy. |
- Must have a minimum of one year security experience or a combination of experience and relevant education. Must have successfully completed all healthcare security training or be willing to complete this training.
- Must be acting in a supervisory role at present or have acted in this capacity in recent history. The successful candidate will be required to complete PSG Supervisor Training if not already completed
- Lead, delegate and supervise.
- Plan, organize and problem solve.
- Multitask and manage time efficiently
- Basic computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Tracktic, SSIRS and WinTeam an asset
- Effective professional communication, both in writing and verbally, including the address of and presentation to groups
- Strong interpersonal skills, client service and professionalism in all situations
- Ability to function effectively in a highly dynamic environment
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
Duties and Responsibilities
|- Supervise the Security Officers assigned to the site and act as a resource for security issues in accordance with PSG, health authority and regulatory requirements. Ensure adherence to guidelines and standards for security staff|
- Conduct site orientation and training of new officers, ensuring site orientation packages and officer review tests are completed within the allotted training period
- Monitor and document performance and behaviour officers, providing mentorship and coaching as required
- Supervise and assist all regular officers with responsibilities delegated to them
- Draw up and maintain a departmental site and training schedules, ensuring that all shifts are covered. Maintain and update WinTeam regularly. Arrange coverage for any open shifts due to last minute book-offs, medical emergencies, etc.
- Conduct investigations and perform appropriate follow-ups when incidents and situations occur as required.
- Ensure all SSIRS reports are completed and each officer submits complete and accurate SSR reports. Follow up with inaccuracies or omissions
- Perform site patrols, desk duty, respond to all necessary calls, and complete SSR's
- Compile monthly deliverables, documenting site activities for remittance to the client
- Schedule and conduct regular panic alarm system tests, fire drills and security education sessions without fail
- Maintain records, and prepare incident reports and other safety and security incident documentation
- Perform other duties as required
WorkBC Powell River posts this position as a free service for the community. WorkBC Powell River does not screen employers or applicants, and assumes no responsibility or liability for the job posting. Any arrangements are between the job seeker and the employer.